While researching corporate and company blogs I ran across a site for CEO Bloggers, which in turn lead me to an article on using RSS feeds, which was cross-posted at Blogging Planet.
There were 10 reasons listed for implementing RSS feeds (I’ve reproduced the bullet point titles below). It is already clear that my company, Open Text, should at least implement an RSS feed on our news page and homepages to start.
1) Email is an increasingly problematic communications tool due to the growth of spam and the overwhelming amount of email most businesspeople receive.
2) RSS is perfect for the online press room. Some companies using feeds successfully for their newsrooms include:
• Cape Clear Software
• USA Cycling
• US Dept. of State
3) Keep your partners informed.
4) Keep your customers informed.
5) Provide specific informational categories so people can just receive what they are most interested in.
6) Make your resource centers/online libraries dynamic!
7) Put your events to work for you online.
8) Capture and publish the buzz.
9) Set up a feed for special promotions.
10) You can just as easily create private (password-protected) RSS feeds as public ones.
Ten Ideas for Corporate RSS Feeds - Blogging Planet ENG